List of BNBF Banned Substances
The following substances and related compounds are banned by the British Natural Bodybuilding Federation, (BNBF) and their use constitutes grounds for dismissal from BNBF Natural competitions (and forfeiture of any awards) and suspension from membership privileges in the BNBF organization for a period of seven years. This list is effective January 1, 2006.
- Including but not limited to; bolasterone, boldenone, chioroxomesterone (dyhdrochlormethyltesterone), clostebol, fluoxymesterone, mesterolone, methandienone, methyltestosterone, nandrolone, norethandrolone, oxandrolone, oxymetholone, stanozolol, testosterone and all other related compounds.
- Including; injections, patches, gels in any form or for any reason.
- The T/E ratio is used to measure the presence of exogenous testosterone, or illicit elevation of testosterone levels. A T/E ratio in excess of 4/1 is ruled as positive, no matter what the cause. Note: Should the use of any substance cause an elevated T/E ratio in excess of the 4/1 limit, the athlete will be ruled as positive (failure).
GROWTH HORMONES (PHARMACEUTICAL HGH, HCG and any other related compounds)
- Oral, spray or sublingual GH compounds are banned effective January 1, 2001.
HORMONES AND ALL PRECURSORS & METABOLITES, DERIVATIVES AND RELATED COMPOUNDS
- The use of any hormone (injectable, oral, sublingual or otherwise) for bodybuilding purposes – including insulin – is strictly prohibited.
- All hormonal precursors (DHEA, androstenedione; 19-norandrostenedione; androstenediol; 5-AD; 7-KetoDHEA; androsteneTRIONE; 17-androdione; etc.) are banned effective January 1, 2000.
- Additional hormonal supplements ( 6-OXO; 6-OXO-androstenetrione; 2a,17a-dimethyl-17ß-hydroxy-5a-androstan-3-one; 3, 17-keto-etiochol-triene; 1,4,6-androstatriene-3,17-dione; 3,17-dihydroxy-delta-5-etiocholane-7-one (A7-D); 3-Alpha (5a-androstane-3a,17b-diol); etc.) have been identified as of January 1, 2004, but are banned effective January 1, 2000.
- Prescription Thyroid hormone medication when used for bodybuilding purposes is banned. Pro-Steroids (1-Test), etc. are banned effective January 1, 2000.
- The presence of any banned substance in the urine (i.e., nandrolone, etc.), no matter how it arrived there, is ruled as a positive (failure). BE SURE TO CHECK ALL INGREDIENTS LISTS OF SUPPLEMENTS BEFORE USE!
- Any and all prescription weight-loss substances and diuretics, used for bodybuilding purposes, even when physician-prescribed, are banned by the BNBF.
EPHEDRINE, EPHEDRA AND ALL RELATED COMPOUNDS are banned effective July 1, 2004
MUSCLE IMPLANTS OF ANY KIND
CHEMICALS/DRUGS FOR THE PURPOSE OF DECEIVING OR PASSING THE POLYGRAPH OR URINE TEST
CLENBUTEROL AND GHB (since 1992)
ANY ILLEGAL OR ILLICIT BODYBUILDING DRUG OR SUBSTANCE AS DECREED BY U.S. GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
ANY FDA-BANNED SUBSTANCE, EXCEPT IF SPECIFICALLY OTHERWISE INDICATED
ANY IOC-BANNED SUBSTANCE, EXCEPT IF SPECIFICALLY OTHERWISE INDICATED
For any questions